REMOTE INTERNSHIP SITE:
Internship Dates: May 20 - August 20, 2017.
Note: All Subir and Malini Chowdhury Center interns will be required to submit a 1-2 page op-ed style article about an issue raised by the internship by September 1, 2017.
Two Remote Internships
Bangladesh Legal Aid and Services Trust (BLAST)
Interns will be given an award of $1500 each from the Subir and Malini Chowdhury Center for Bangladesh Studies. This is expected to cover a portion of their living expenses during the internship.
The intern’s daily activities will be based upon their interest and expertise as well as the needs of BLAST, and may involve the following:
- Legal research including on international and comparative law in relation to strategic litigation cases
- Assistance with public interest litigation and implementation of court directives
- Drafting/editing of press releases, case summaries, reports and publications
- Drafting documents to support grant writing and proposal development
Skill set or discipline preferred
- Have a general interest and knowledge in law and access to justice, specifically dealing with rights of marginalized and excluded communities.
- Have a BA in Legal Studies, or other relevant studies in social sciences(graduating seniors may apply). A student or graduate of law (JD) or Masters of Development Practice is preferred.
- Be highly motivated, self-managing and organized.
- Have a strong interest or experience in providing legal aid or being involved in research or advocacy on rights and justice.
- Experience in communications is helpful.