The Subir and Malini Chowdhury Center for Bangladesh Studies welcomes submissions for the Outstanding Paper Prize in Bangladesh Studies. Submissions are welcome from any discipline, though preference will be given to papers in a social science field. Comparative papers are also welcome.
The deadline for the paper prize is April 15, 2018. Winner will be contacted and prize will be announced by April 25, 2018.
Description of the Award
The amount of the paper prize award will be $500.
- Full time UC Berkeley graduate students or undergraduates with upperclass standing.
- Students must have been registered as a full time student at any accredited university during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Papers must be linked to a course for the AY 2017-2018 or for undergraduates, must be linked to a departmental thesis program.
- Faculty may nominate students, or students may enter their own papers.
- For each entry submit:
- Papers must be no longer than thirty and no less than fifteen typewritten (double-spaced) pages of text, exclusive of the title page, endnotes, and bibliography.
- All pages must be numbered.
- The author's identity is to appear nowhere on the paper.
- A separate page should accompany the paper, identifying the title of the paper, the author, e-mail address, affiliated department, and program year.
- A 250-word abstract must accompany each submission. Abstract of winning paper will be published in all announcements of competition results.
- Papers must have at least 50% Bangladesh content.
- Prize winner will present their paper at the Young Scholars Research Symposium.
How to Submit:
- Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Please email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading: "Submission for Outstanding Bangladesh Paper Prize"
- All documents should be in PDF format.
- Please email copies of: 1) the paper, 2) the page with identifying information, and 3) the abstract attached as PDF fles.
Please send entries NO LATER THAN 5pm on, April 15, 2018
For questions please email email@example.com