16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence is an international campaign to challenge violence against women and girls. The campaign runs every year from 25 November, the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, to 10 December, Human Rights Day.
The Daily Star ran one Op-Ed daily during last year's campaign. Here are links to a few below:
- Sexual Violence: Looking inward and thinking out loud
- Gendered violence: The paradox of the routine and the spectacular
- 16 days of activism and our obsession with ‘commonsense’ violence
- Rape, scopophilia and our collective rage
- The burning man, and our national addiction to violence
On April 15, 2021, the Chowdhury Center is organizing a workshop titled, Gender, Sexuality, Violence: A Transnational Conversation, on gender, sexuality, and violence in Bangladesh. Panelists include:
- Dr. Elora Halim Chowdhury, University of Massachusetts Boston
- Dr. Nadine Murshid, University of Buffalo
The event is free and open to the public. Registration is required. More details here.